Richa Chadha criticized for remarks on Indian Army

richa chadha, bollywood, indian army,

Netizens in India are calling for Bollywood actor Richa Chadha’s arrest for making fun of the Indian Army.

Watch ARY News live on live.arynews.tv 

The “Fukrey” star took a jibe at Northern Army Commander Lt. Gen. Upendra Dwivedi’s statements regarding Indian-occupied Kashmir with her tweeting, “Galwan says hi.”

The politician of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Manjinder Singh Sirsa slammed her for the remarks and called for a criminal investigation against her. Moreover, netizens called for her arrest too.

Here’s what social media had to say.

The Bollywood actor took to Twitter to issue an apology to everyone whose sentiments got hurt by her three-word tweet.

“Even though it can never be my intention in the least, if the 3 words which are being dragged into a controversy have offended or hurt anyone, I apologise and also say that it would sadden me if, even unintentionally, my words have triggered this feeling in my brothers in the fauj (army) of which my own Nanaji has been an illustrious part (sic),” she wrote.

Related – Richa Chadha and Ali Fazal were married for 2.5 years?

The Bollywood star added: “My Mamaji was a paratrooper. It’s in my blood. A whole family is affected when a son is martyred or even injured while saving the nation which is made up of people like us and I personally know how it feels. It is an emotive issue for me (sic).”

She will reprise her role as Bholi Punjaban in “Fukrey 3“. The cast also features Varun Sharma, Pulkit Samrat and Manjot Singh.

The release date of the movie is not yet determined.



from ARY NEWS https://ift.tt/WvbsumC
via IFTTT
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.